Friday, July 10, 2015

Ariana Grande finally apologises after donut-licking America-hating video goes viral: 'I was so disgusted with myself'

Ariana Grande has tried to calm the fierce backlash against her after she was filmed licking a donut in a shop with her new boyfriend and declaring her hatred of America.

The 22-year-old singer, born in Florida and best known for her song "Problem", quickly found herself with one after the clip of her went viral but has now apologised. Sort of.

"I am extremely proud to be an American and I've always made it clear that I love my country. What I said in a private moment with my friend, who was buying the donuts, was taken out of context and I am sorry for not using more discretion with my choice of words," she said in a statement to Buzzfeed.

"I sometimes get upset by how freely we as Americans eat and consume things without giving any thought to the consequences that it has on our health and society as a whole"
need to clean up this mouth of mine & set a better example for my babes. i apologize and i love you. always learning.

Grande went on to brand herself "an advocate for healthy eating" and rant about the US having the highest child obesity rate in the world before finally admitting that her behaviour was wrong.
"We need to do more to educate ourselves and our children about the dangers of overeating and the poison that we put into our bodies," she said. "We need to demand more from our food industry. However, I should of known better in how I expressed myself and my new responsibility to others as a public figure. I will strive to be better."


Ariana Grande finally apologises after donut-licking America-hating video goes viral: 'I was so disgusted with myself' Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Popular Posts